When you are traveling away for your personal or professional work, your safety is one of the prime concerns that bother you day and night. Some people are very serious about their health, so they carry their medicinal help with them, and some are conscious about their luggage, or other things. Here are some security tips for those people to prevent hotel room theft.
Safety matters!!! We are here with 21 proven ways to prevent hotel room theft. Here we go.
1. Buy your lockable safe of reputed make so that you can lock your belongings in a decent manner.
2. When going out, you can leave your Hotel room Lights ON, so that passerby thinks that you are still inside.
3. You can use tampered tape to lock your luggage so that you get an idea if someone used your luggage or not.
4. You can also use a cable lock and tie the cable to some strong object like AC, bed, etc.
5. Using strong lock and key arrangement to lock your luggage, any important document, or any other thing that means a lot to you.
6. When going out, you can leave your Hotel room TV ON, so that passerby thinks that you are still inside.
7. Before leaving your room, check windows and other open areas, close entrant and exit space if possible.
8. While buying a luggage bag, you can check for the anti-theft property. If your bag provides that, then better buy that.
9. You can carry your luggage wherever you go.
10. Leave your luggage and other valuable in the hotel room and roam around the city hassle-free.
11. Ask room service staff not to clean your room when you are away.
12. If room service staff is cleaning your room in your absence, make sure you hide all the valuable stuff.
13. Before leaving your room, don’t create a mess, make sure you leave it organized.
14. Hotel service provides “Do Not Disturb” sign, you can use it when you are away so that no one can enter the room until or unless you allow them.
15. Do not share your personal information with others.
16. Avoid sharing details about your valuable things with others.
17. Use GPS systems to track your room and make sure no one is planning or trying to steal your luggage.
18. Many hotels ask for your room key and hang it on the wall to indicate your absence from the room. In such cases, do not return your keys at the desk.
19. Don’t invite staff members, your hotel neighbors or any other stranger inside your room.
20. You can give some tip to maids so that they can keep a check of your room.
21. Last but not the least, it is always best to leave expensive items at home to safeguard them.
Above are 21 proven and effective ways to protect your belongings from theft. Hopefully, you will go through this content and take care of these points in view in order to enjoy a safe journey.