Mahabalipuram Is a famous town located along the East Coast Road, at a little distance from Chennai. This is one of the favorite destinations for travelers from Chennai and Pondicherry. Not only regarding history but this place is well-known for the peaceful beaches that give travelers comfort and a quiet time.
Let us give a closer look to 10 marvelous things to do in Mahabalipuram:
1. Staying at Hotel Mamalla Heritage. One of the best hotels in Mahabalipuram that is known for the best quality of food. The ambiance of this hotel is soothing, and food prices are affordable. More than 70% travelers have given positive reviews about this hotel.
2. Visit Pancha Ratha. This beautiful place is mesmerizing enough and would drive you to go crazy for it. Upon visiting here, you would see, five temples, each dedicated to Pandavas of Mahabharata time.
3. Visit Shore Temple. If you are a religious person, you would never want to miss this heavenly place. This golden-colored temple is one of UNESCO’s heritage sites. This temple shares existence from Pallavas era and is the only left Shore temple as of now.
4. Cave Temples. Of course, how can we forget Caves Temples, when we are talking about 10 marvelous things? 8 rocky sculptures with all different themes. Each cave represents a story of a god and goddess. Tiger cave is really interesting, and you shouldn’t miss it at any cost.
5. Thirukadalmalai. This temple shared its history from Pallavas and was mainly designed to protect other temples from the sea waves. Its beauty and calmness have brought it under the names of one of the famous UNESCO sites.
6. Arjunas’ Penance. When you are traveling to Mahabalipuram and plan to cover some of the most visited places in this great town, visit Arjunas’ Penance. This is a beautiful place popularly known as Descent of Ganga. This place has a story that was dedicated to Arjuna pleasing his Lord Shiva.
7. Dakshina Chitra. Want to see the village culture of Southern India, then this is a perfect place for you. When you visit here, you will see many activities that would take you closer to the southern culture.
8. Krishna’s Butterball. Want to see how a 16 ft stone balances on a slope from over 1000 years, come and visit Krishna’s Butterball. Many efforts have been made to roll this butterball, but nothing worked out well.
9. Surfing Beach. This place no doubts is rich in history but if you want to enjoy and have fun on the beach, include this place in your travel.
10. The Crocodile Park. This is the place where you can see crocodiles and some rare reptiles. If you are a reptile lover, then this place has a treat for you. You can book a night safari on every Tuesday night 7 PM to 8:30 PM.
Above are 10 marvelous things that shouldn’t skip while visiting Mahabalipuram. Hopefully, you find this useful and consider it while planning your vacations here.