Many of the most Hotel booking needs are simple yet tricky. A fresh, smelly, stinking room, with or without an Internet connection, with or without luxurious services, with or without meal plans, and many more hotel services can make or break your trip. We are here with the list of 10 simple things that you should not do while booking your hotel:
1. Don’t Involve Any Third Party Hotel Booking Service Provider. Contact hotel directly and check for the services and room availability. This gives you a clear idea about the services and saves you from spending any third party commissions.
2. Free Breakfast Service. When you book your hotel, don’t forget to check if the hotel is giving you breakfast for free or not. Most of the hotels provide free breakfast and dinner facility.
3. Hotel Location. Make sure you don’t forget to check the location of your hotel that you would book for your family or friends. Many hotel booking sites or the hotel website itself may not disclose the exact location, and you can do some research and check with people who have visited that hotel in the past.
4. Check Air Shuttle Service. When you are on a trip to some new location, make sure your hotel gives you an option to provide air shuttle service from and to the destination.
5. Hesitation. Make sure you don’t hesitate to ask questions. If any query pop up in your mind, make sure you check it and get it resolved before you book your rooms else you would end up wasting your time, money and energy.
6. Internet Service. If you don’t want to skip your personal or official work then you can check if the hotel is providing you Internet or Wi-Fi facility or not.
7. Negotiation. Don’t forget to negotiate on the hotel charges as some hotel offer discount and affordable rates if asked for negotiation. You should ask hotel staff to reduce the prices if you want to save your pocket.
8. Parking Service. If you are traveling by own vehicle, the hotel should provide free parking service so that you don’t have to pay for the parking charges unnecessarily.
9. Payment Option. When you make payment, don’t forget to make payment via credit card that adds some bonus point to your card. Such bonus points or we say reward points can be used to buy movie tickets, at the time of filling petrol in the car, etc.
10. Reviews. Visitors who have stayed in the hotel are asked to give their reviews. Don’t forget to check these reviews so that you get an idea about the hotel services. Most of these reviews are genuine and give an idea of the meal, services, hotel staff, and management.
Above are the simple hotels booking mistakes that you should not do if you really want to save your money, time, and make your trip time, the most memorable one.