Mahabalipuram is a quaint little place neatly tucked in the fringes of Chennai right on the Coromondal coast in the state of Tamil Nadu. Mahabalipuram is a major tourist destination due to its rich historical heritage on display in the form of little temples and chariots which were built as early as in the 7th century by the Pallavas during their reign. It was also a major port in south used for trading with other countries.
Every major tourist destination boasts of several hotels and restaurants for the benefit of the tourist and to make their stay at the desired location, a memorable one. As Mahabalipuram attracts a huge number of Indian as well as foreign traveller, thus there is a wide range of options for stay to suits all needs.
Following are the options for lodging in Mahabalipuram:
1. Bed and Breakfast
2. Five star hotel accommodation
3. Luxury hotel accommodation
4. Budget hotel accommodation
6. Sea side Beach Hotels
7. Heritage hotel accommodation
8. Home stays
9. Village resorts
10. Holiday rentals
Thus, hotels in Mahabalipuram are abundantly available suiting one’s pocket, need and preference for stay. One can either book their stay at the preferred hotel online with pre-booking facilities directly or through various third party tour operators online and offline. One can also go ahead and book their stay after having a physical look at the property and choose rooms as per one’s liking and book it on the spot. Though, the chances of getting rooms in hi-end hotels with a room of choice during the peak season of tourism might be a risk.
Facilities at the hotels:
Every hotel provides a set of facility depending on the standard of the hotel and the package preferred for stay. Following are the facilities offered out of which a few are chargeable and the rest are free:
1. Free car parking
2. Free access to Wi-Fi
4. A bottle or 2 of complimentary drinking water
5. Room service at call
6. Complimentary breakfast service
7. Access to swimming pool and gymnasium
8. Free time at the lounge for study
9. Conference room
10. Banquet service
11. Cab on hire with Tour guides
12. Pick up and drop from the airport/railway station
13. Access to spa and other services
14. Restaurant service
15. Laundry service
Tariffs are completely dependent on various factors which the Hotel authority decides.
Following are the factors affecting the room tariffs:
1. Room type (cottage/suite/super Deluxe/Deluxe/AC/non-AC)
2. Room view( sea view/pool view/garden view)
3. Locality of the hotel
4. Brand of the hotel
5. Type of hotel(Luxury/Mid-range/economy/heritage)
6. Proximity from the main tourist hub
7. Ranking in the specific town
Thus the room tariffs range from a mere INR 500/- per night for a double room for a budget hotel to a whooping INR 35,000/- per night for a double room for a luxury hotel.
This UNESCO heritage site has a few Hotels with enthralling view of the ocean which will keep the visitors in awe for a long. A few heritage hotels have copies of the ancient Pallava architecture inscribed all over the walls and ceiling giving it an old world charm.