Personal Security Tips for Hotel Stays
Staying in a Hotel during vacations is one of the most relaxing time for working mothers, working fathers, school-going students, and senior citizens. We would rather say that people of all ages prefer to stay in a hotel to get some relief from the everyday work load.
Despite that fact, staying in a hotel is one of the best ways to spend your vacations; it is one of the vulnerable activities to your personal security as well.
We are here with some of the personal security tips that everyone must follow to keep their valuables safe from any kind of theft. Here we go
- 1. It is better to book your hotel room on second or third or upper floors instead of a ground floor. It is seen that ground floor rooms are more prone to the criminal activities like theft, personal valuables burglary, etc.
- 2. Do not forget to check the escape routes. Well, escape routes help you to come out of the emergency situations like fire or theft. You can protect yourself by following these ways and move out of the hotel in the case of any emergency.
- 3. Carry a torch while packing your luggage for the hotel stay. In the event of power cuts in a hotel, you must use your torch to see the darker objects. Make sure you carry this torch near to your bed while you are sleeping.
- 4. If you are on a business trip, do not disclose your agreements or any official documents in front of the strangers. Avoid moving out of your room to keep your files and papers safe from any copyscape.
- 5. Whether you are on an official or personal trip, you must keep your hotel room number secret. Make sure you do not disclose the room number in the lobby. Some people come to stay in a hotel to steal things so make sure you are ready to attend such a kind of surprises.
- 6. Always keep your room keys with you and do not leave it unattended. Whether you have some valuable stuff or not, your personal security is important. Do not carelessly handle your keys and leave it on the hotel premises.
- 7. Do not keep your valuables unattended. Take a safe locker to keep your valuables safe. There are personal identification things like your passport, license, Aadhaar card, etc. Do not leave these things unattended. Most of the hotels provide safe lockers to keep your personal belongings safe from any kind of theft.
- 8. If you are on an official trip, do not forget to take “Do Not Disturb” board and hang it outside your room while your meeting is on. It is your responsibility to keep your meeting secret so make sure there are no loop holes.
Above are some of the simple yet safe solutions to your personal security for the hotel stay. Hopefully, you will go through these tips and try to keep your valuables safe.