Tips to Book Your Hotel Room as Wedding Guest
Want to book a hotel as a wedding guest? If yes, we are here with some of the simple tips that would save your time and money as well. If you are a wedding guest, you already spend your hard-earned money in buying clothes, gifts, accessories, and many more things. While booking a hotel, you can save your money provided you do some research for that.
We are here with some simple tips to book your hotel room as a wedding guest. Here we go.
- Book your room months before the wedding date: It is quite obvious that, if you are on a destination wedding, hotels that are nearby are going to be filled up first. So, for your wedding guest, you should plan to book the room immediately after you send an invitation card. You can do some research and try to booking room that is near to the wedding area and has competitive prices as well.
- Do thorough research: It is not necessary to stay in the rooms that the wedding couples have allotted you. If you really want to save money, you can share the room with your friends and relatives or do some research and find the cheapest hotel in the wedding area. Wedding couple can allot rooms to guests but guests also should take care of the budget of the organizers.
- Ask for a discount: When you book a hotel room as a wedding guest, no need to hesitate. Simply ask for the discount and try to get the best prices. When you book your room through the third party, they end up taking their commission and increase your room charges unnecessarily. It is better to directly communicate with the front desk of the hotel and negotiate on the prices.
- Prefer closed blocks when you don’t have any option: By closed blocks, we mean the hotel that has the limited number of rooms or services that can be availed only in the case of prior booking. If you have planned to do the wedding at some remote location and the number of the hotels is quite less in that area, in that case, you can book closed block. If some of your wedding guests fail to appear at the wedding, then the rooms booked by their name will be paid by you only.
- Organize your wedding ceremonies: Make sure you wind up your wedding on the wedding night only and there are no formal ceremonies left after the night. You should check out and ask your guest to check-out on the same day else you will have to pay the two days’ charges. This is very important as it will automatically double your expenses.
Above are simple tips to book your hotel room as a wedding guest. Hopefully, you find this information useful and consider it while booking a hotel room as a wedding guest.